Wednesday, February 25, 2015

DōTERRA: my new obsession

So a couple months ago I had a friend personally message (pm) me on Facebook when she noticed I was having trouble with Clare's teething. She recommended I try an essential oil called Clove. She told me to dilute it in coconut oil and put it directly onto Clare's gums. I was skeptical, yet hopeful. 

So I created my concoction of 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1-2 drops of clove oil. Whenever Clare seemed like she was in pain I would do my best to rub it all over her gums. (It is rough getting into a 10 month olds mouth!) I really think that and the amber necklace she was wearing helped. We rarely had to administer Tylenol or Motrin. It seemed to help, a lot! The only time we started using motrin again was when Clare would no longer keep her amber necklace on. That day was sad to me :( my child will not leave a hat on her head, a bow in her hair or her necklace on! 

I was also hoping to find something that would help with my husband's migraines. He gets them at least 3-5 times a week. So, I also ordered a bottle of peppermint and a roll on of PasteTense. Peppermint has so many different uses I found out! Not only is it great for curing headaches and migraines but it's also good to use on the bottom of your little ones feet (diluted in coconut oil, as peppermint is a hot oil. That means it burns, kind of like icy hot) when they have a fever. It will help reduce the fever. You can also use it on yourself as an adult and put it on your head to ride a fever. It is a natural cooling agent. You can diffuse it to help you wake up and it can also relax your muscles. 

The PasteTense has become a favorite of mine and my mother's. I started the weaning process of pumping (breastfeeding) about 2 months ago and have sense started getting pretty bad headaches. I have found much relief in PastTense. I also put it on my shoulders when I feel tense or tight. This specific blend is made up of wintergreen, lavender, peppermint, frankincense, cilantro, marjoram, roman chamomile, basil and Rosemary. 

I received my kit the other day and it came with 10 oils and a diffuser. It came with, lavender, peppermint, lemon, breathe, digestzen, oregano, on gauard, deep blue, melaleuca, frankincense and a diffuser. 

Clare got a booboo on her finger a couple days ago so yesterday I decided to create another concoction with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and a drop of lavender and a drop of melaleuca. It has been working great and her scab is already looking better.

I love to put a drop of lemon in my water everyday as it can help detoxify. It can also be combined with water and white vinegar to make a house hold cleaner. There are so many other uses for it too! 

As I dive deeper in the world of oils I plan to write a post about each specific oil I use and how I use it. Please stay tuned!!


This is a picture of my starter kit! I love all of my oils and I plan to do a lot with the oils! Please share how you use your oils at the bottom! If you have any questions or are interested in more information about any dōTERRA products please feel free to email me at Jamie.ditrapani@gmail.com or leave a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment