Saturday, February 14, 2015

Turkey meatloaf

Goodness, it has been a while since I've posted! The past couple of days have been crazy busy! I hope you enjoy this recipe. 

Even though my daughter is 13 1/2 months old I am still learning to balance my time when it comes to making dinner. I hate putting her in her play pen but she's at the age where she is getting into everything! No matter how much I plan, I never prep during her nap time. 

This turkey meatloaf recipe has saved me on many occasions. It is healthly, easy and doesn't take much prep time at all! This time around Clare sat nicely in her height chair while I prepared everything but by the end she was begging to get out! 

First, measure out/prep all of the ingredients. Finely chop up the onion, whisk the egg, and measure out the milk and Panko crumbs. 


Next, add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together with your hands (or a spoon, but hands are best). 


Once the meat mixture is combined line a baking sheet with tin foil (easier clean up) and shape it into a log. 


Then make the sauce that  goes on top of the meatloaf. It is brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. 

Mix the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup together and then spread it all over the meatloaf! 

Place the meatloaf in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes (or until done)



Serve with mashed potatoes and corn, or whatever your heart desires! We were both so hungry I forgot to take a picture of it done. This is it... 1/2 eaten :-D



We ended up making corn and a pasta side dish that I'm going to blog about next. :)

Enjoy!! If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment!

Turkey Meatloaf

Preheat oven 350 
Cook for 45 minutes 

1-2lbs of turkey (the original recipe calls for 2, I always just do the package I get from Costco and it always turns out great!)
1 egg
1 small onion or 1/2 of a medium/large chopped to your desire. I like finely chopped 
1cup of milk
1 1/4 cups of bread crumbs (I use Panko) 
Salt and pepper to taste

Ketchup sauce

1/3 cup ketchup
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp mustard 
(I sometimes do extra because it taste so yummy!!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment