Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Homemade baby wipes


If you would have asked me 2 years ago, "Would you ever make your own baby wipes?" I would have looked at you cross eyed and said, "How is that even possible??"

Well here I am, 2 years later ;) making my sweet Clare's baby wipes. I've never been happier to spend nap time making baby wipes! Normally I like to spend her nap time taking my own "nap", or cleaning up around the house, but when we are low on baby wipes I get excited to make them! 

Here is what you'll need. 


- canister to put the paper towel role into (I used the oxo good grip canister)
- a serrated knife (I use the bread knife)
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water (I use from fridge dispenser) (my mil told me if you use warm water the mixture mixes better together) 
- 1/2 a papertowel roll
- 1 tablespoon Castile soap
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 2-3 drops each melaleuca 
- 2-3 drops lavender 
- Measure cup optional. You could just use a bowl to mix it in 

Cut papertowel in half (it's kind of a pain) 


Place 1/2 of the papertowel role into  canister of your choice (make sure the papertowel roll fits, I bought something and I had to SMASH the papertowel in to it.. It didn't work so well) 


Add liquids to the measuring cup. 


Then dump mixture over the papertowel dumping over the whole entire top. 


Seal the canister and let sit for an hour. Then turn it upside down and let it sit for another hour! VoilĂ ! Homemade baby wipes!! 



2 comments: