Monday, June 1, 2015

MEATLOAF!

So I found a recipe for a turkey meatloaf on Pinterest like a year ago and have been religiously using it. We were at one point having it once a month, at least! 

I've decided that I'd like to start eating healthier so I added a couple things to it; shredded zucchini and shredded carrots. I only had to add one each and boy, did it come out moist! The ingredients are as follows:

2lbs turkey (I always use a pack from Costco and they come in four so I don't know how many pounds mine actually is... Maybe 1 1/3lb)
1 cup milk (I used organic tonight and didn't add quite a cup because of the zicchini and carrots, add moisture)
1 egg (I used cage free)
1 onion chopped fine (I did 1/2)
One zucchini (I did organic and left the skin on)
1 carrot (organic and they were the colorful ones, I used an orange one) 
1 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use Panko and only added 2/3-1cup) 
Salt  (I used Himalayan) and pepper to taste (I hate this saying because you can't taste raw meat!!!)

The sauce on top is:
3 table spoons yellow mustard
3 table spoons brown sugar 
1/3 cup ketchup

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl then form into a log on a baking pan (I'm sure you could use a loaf pan too, I just never have. It's easier to serve)

Once formed to your liking top with sauce. 

I also made little mini muffin cups for clare (17 months old) and at first she wanted nothing to do with them. But after I put them an adult dish and gave her an adult fork she ate pretty well! I was impressed. 

I have a pretty picky eater so I was thrilled and we cheered her on as she ate each bite. I hope this recipe can help your picky eater, no matter how big or small! My hubs wouldn't have even known that I added veggies if he couldn't see them! Said it tasted the same, except a more moist! 








No comments:

Post a Comment