Monday, May 18, 2015

Best flank steak marinade!

Sorry I've been so MIA lately. I have been so busy with work, sharing dōTERRA oils and, well with sweet Clare! It was my husband's 30th birthday in April, as well as my sister in laws birthday, we went to Florida the day after and then it was Mother's Day and my birthday along with my brother in law and father in law! We have a busy April and May over here!! I will write about our Florida trip soon as it was our first time flying with a child! Woooseerz!

Anyway, last night we decided to have fajitas, Yummmm my favorite. We are also trying to eat cleaner, which is happening one ingredient at a time 😆. So I was cruzing pinterest, where I get so many inspiration, and found one that looked delicious. I changed two ingredients to try and make it a tiny healthier. Below is a picture of the ingredients I used. 

Avocado oil was one ingredient I changed from the originally recipe and the other was ginger. Instead of using fresh ginger, which I didn't have, I used my ginger dōTERRA essential oil. Let me tell you, this steak came out AMAZING! I do have to give my husband some credit though because he is the one that cooked it. 

Another ingredient that I will change next time is the honey. I want to use raw organic honey but I just bought the honey pictured below, so I figured I should use that up first. The soy sauce can be replaced by coconut aminos to make it even cleaner. Coconut amino doesn't have soy bean in it. 


Anyway, the recipe is this:

1/4 cup soy sauce 
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 
1/2 cup oil (it called for vegetable oil, I used the avocado oil instead, but you could probably use coconut oil or olive oil)
1 tbls honey
2 drops dōTERRA ginger essential oil, if you don't have this you can use 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
4 cloves of garlic, I used two big cloves
It also called for 4 green onions chopped but I didn't have them so I omitted them. 

I mixed all of the ingredients in a gallon size ziplock bag and then added my 1.5lb flank steak. (You could probably use a skirt steak instead if that's all you have) 


After I put the flank steak in with the mixture I put it in the fridge and let it marinade for a good 3-4 hours. 

About 20 minutes before it was time to eat my husband put the steak on the grill and cooked that delicious piece of marinated meat! It was cooked to perfection. Pink in the middle but not rare. The extra juices were caught on the plate so once I cut the meat (make sure you let it rest for a good 5-10 minutes) I dumped the extra juice over it! 

If you're interested in learning more about dōTERRA essential oils and how I use them in my every day life please email me at Jamie.ditrapani@gmail.com. They have changed the way my family and I live. 

Stay tuned for my famous guacamole recipe! I know some of my friends who would probably pay to see that post! Lucky for you it's free! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment