Saturday, January 24, 2015

Welcome to my crazy life!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Jamie and I am the proud mommy to Clare and wife to Anthony; both of whom will be talked about in this blog! I will be 29 on May 15th and I am a co-teacher in a Pre-k 3 room 3 days a week. It is a nice balance between working and still being there for my daughter.

I have been meaning to start a blog for quite some time as I have been on a pretty big roller coaster since finding out I was pregnant almost two years ago!

On this blog I plan to talk about past and present experiences; from being pregnant, delivering Clare, exclusively pumping, troubles with nursing, making baby food, and MANY many more topics! I hope you'll enjoy reading each post and be able to take something from it.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. My period was 5-6 days late, which was uncommon for me, but I didn't think too much into because I was at the tail end of my student teaching and I was stressed out of my mind! I remember being at a professional development meeting hitting the bathroom every 1/2 hour thinking, oh there's my period... and I had taken TWO tests and they both came back negative. So It's a Monday around 4:30-5pm and I was thinking to myself... where is this period... my husband had told me.. just take one more test. I was thinking to myself... two came back negative and those things are so damn expensive! But, curiosity got the best of me and I found myself sitting in the downstairs bathroom of our little two bedroom town house peeing on a stick. Not but 5 seconds passed and the lines started to show up... not just one, but two lines! Two lines... means... I'M PREGNANT?! I was in complete shock. I looked at myself in the mirror SCREAMING and laughing, almost crying... I honestly couldn't believe what I saw!  Anthony and I had only been trying for A MONTH!

So five minutes later I'm calling Anthony and asking him where he was! He said he'd be home in about 20 minutes. So I'm pacing around downstairs watching the clock tick by. I decided instead of verbally telling my husband I would write him a note and give it to him. I wrote, "So do you think we're having a boy or a girl? :)" I was so excited to give it to him and see the look on his face. So twenty minutes goes by and STILL not husband... So I call him again and calmly ask where he is.. he says he's still at his parents! Well there goes my patience (which you will learn I have none of) and all I had to say to him was, "Are you sitting down?" and he says, "Really?" and I said, "Yes..." and his response was, "I'm on my way home."

April 29nd, 2013 was the day my life changed forever...

This was me the day after we found out I was pregnant. I thought MAYBE I could manage to take a picture of myself every single day.. that worked out real well ;)

It is for sure positive :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment